There are two places where you can import an excel product list:
- When you create a new inventory:
- Add new inventory -> Select inventory type -> Choose "IMPORT your excel product list"
- Existing inventory:
- Contextual menu -> "Import products list"
- Create your excel products list (see below how)
- Bring it locally (to mobile device card) or to a cloud place (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- Access "Import products list"
- Pair application fields with columns from excel list (verify section)
- see how to import custom fields
- Proceed ...
Download an excel list exemple here
List structure and fieldshttp://www.mobileinventory.net/mi_product_list_example_en.xls
We recommend that the first row of the list to be the header of the list with the fields names. Each column is a distinct field in the app.
What fields are mandatory and what are optional?
At least one of the fields below is mandatory (it's enough to have just one of them):
- SKU (internal code)
- alphanumeric field which identify an unique product
- Product name
- Barcode / QR code
- your products barcodes field
- helps you to identify products at scanning
- NFC code
Other optional fields
- main measurement units field
- use the lowest measurement unit level
- your products categories filed
- helps you to identify products easily using categories filter feature
- Book quantity (only for Take stock inventory type)
- your products expected quantities
- helps you to compare during and after the collection data process: collected vs. book quantity
- Batching unit
- your batching units names (i.e: box, 6 pack)
- Batching factor
- conversion factor from batching unit to main measure unit
- helps collecting data in batching units and trasnforming into main measure units
- product name => juice
- MU => bottle
- batching unit => box
- batchin factor => 8
- i.e. one box contains 8 juice bottles
- Your custom fileds (ex.: price, color, etc.)
Existing inventories - imports types
There are two types of imports:
- Delete and import
- All the products from the inventory will be deleted (including entries / countings) and replaced with the new imported products
- Products from the new list and not found in inventory will be added
- Products from the new list and found in inventory will be updated with the new values for all the fields excluding SKU (internal code)
- Atention !!! - > For update your products must have SKU (internal code) field completed